Tuesday, May 12, 2015

7 Day Coast Post

Sorry it has taken so long to write another blog post. I have been having too much fun and meeting many interesting people. Expect a very complete trip report sometime in June. I am writing this exhausted on a phone before bed, so there's no way I can cover 7 full days of Oregon.

After 7 days I have logged 410 miles and my legs feel pretty good. The worst day was my first day when my legs hadn't adjusted from the long train ride. My longest day was 95 miles and my shortest day 43 miles.

The weather has been incredible. It was uncharacteristically sunny and warm with a tailwind for six days! It stormed today and I am currently drying everything out. The forest is incredibly green and the size of the trees here blow my mind (how will I react to the redwoods). I realized very quickly that I can't take every picture worth taking or I would never get anywhere! I have had campsites alone, steps away from the ocean and tucked deep into the woods. Very few other cycle tourists this time of year so I am enjoying the solitude. I am sleeping very well with the ocean soundscapes!

I am in Bandon OR and should be about 2 days from the California border. I appreciate the support and concern from friends and family. I feel safe and comfortable riding. I find confidence and good hand signaling are the best method to prevent passive aggression in drivers. I can't wait to share with you my pictures and experiences soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're have a great time! I hope all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete